photo credit :: adam mowery photography
She describes the beat of her heart to be revival in our moments as daughters of the King.
Lara has an undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and a Masters of Divinity from Southeastern Seminary. But she often says, “If what I teach (and write and tweet) doesn’t first invade and transform the moments of my life, then I am missing the point.”
Lara and her husband, Adam, live in North Carolina with their three children. “Life can get pretty messy,” she says, “But our home is a place where God has ‘shown-off’ and redeemed the broken. There is hope in Him.”
photo credit :: Stacey Van Berkel
Now for some random facts about Lara to make you feel right at home. She says…
- I always have a load of laundry that needs attention. Always.
- I pound bass from redeemed, theologically-dense rap music while driving around town in my mini-van. Yes, there is such a thing.
- I’m considering putting earplugs by the door for houseguests because my kids are SO LOUD.
- I like to run. Wait. Rephrase. I like chips, so I run.
- Being a wife and a mom are the two most difficult, most beautiful, most stretching, most life-changing roles in which I’ve ever been called to walk.
- I fail every. single. day.
- Which is why God’s grace completely overwhelms me. I know me and all my mess too well.
Click here to read the statement of faith from Lara’s local church to which she holds.